December 1, 2011

Passionate Appeal: Alice's Story


My name is Alice Motieri.  I am 24 years old.  I live in Kibera.
My challenges began at 15, when I lost my mom.  She died after a sudden illness.  Fifteen months later my father died. I managed to finish secondary school with funds from my mother's estate.
Then my life became confused.  I moved to Kibera to live with my sister.  While watching TV,  I saw a story about the Kenyan feature film TOGETHERNESS SUPREME and the awards it won.  I decided to search for Hot Sun Foundation.
I found Hot Sun Foundation and became a volunteer at Kibera TV.  Then I attended Kibera Film School.  Some men think women cannot do technical work.  I know I can.  Without a doubt, filmmaking is the career for me.


To all Hot Sun Foundation friends and supporters, I so much appreciate your efforts to bring us all along. I have acquired so much through your help.
Please continue with the same generous spirit. We have more and more projects to do,  and more of our youths without funds  are applying for Kibera Film School.
If you are in Nairobi, come to AMAZING RACE Kibera Sat. 3 Dec 10 am for a great scavenger hunt with prizes!  I am the coordinator!
If you are not in Nairobi, support us on http://www.globalgiving.org/3632
Asante sana.  Thank you for your support.
Alice
PS  Please check out on hitflics.com  my short  film Passionate Appeal (2 min 17 seconds).  I am in a three-way tie for first place


To support the great youth of the Kibera Film School, please visit our Global Giving Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not just a name welcome and learn the art of filmmaking. Our training is hands-on.