December 20, 2011

Bad Luck to Good: Ronald Omondi's Story

 
My name is Ronald Omondi.  I am 23 years old.  I live in Kibera. Things were going good for me.  I had a sponsored job that allowed me to also go to school.  Then something went wrong with the sponsorship program and I was out on the street again.  Selling CDs. In the slum, you can find yourself falling into drugs and hanging out with the idle youth. 
A friend told me about the Slum Film Festival at Hot Sun Foundation.  I attended a workshop, applied to Kibera Film School and here I am. 
Since I joined Hot Sun Foundation, it's like a home to me.  I am gaining more talents. The staff is treating us well. We learn in a relaxed and open way. 
I really appreciate what supporters are doing for us. You are good Samaritans helping slum youth who don't have the opportunity to gain knowledge in filmmaking. 
I appreciate that you are helping youth who live far away from you.
You can support us at www.globalgiving.org/3632
or
Buy our short films at www.buykiberakid.com
Happy Holidays  and many thanks to all.


























To support the great youth of the Kibera Film School, please visit our Global Giving Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not just a name welcome and learn the art of filmmaking. Our training is hands-on.