Over 60% of our graduates are working in the Kenyan media industry. In a series of outdoor community screenings, we have shown our films to more than 30,000 people.
Working with the Spanish Embassy in Nairobi, we are co- founders of the annual Slum Film Festival. At the 2011 Filamu International Student Film festival, Kenyatta University, Hot Sun Film School won all the major awards (11 in all).
Evaluation is based on competency. Each trainee is evaluated on her/his skill on each type of equipment and software before proceeding to the next level. Industry professionals work as instructors assisted by past graduates of the Foundation in Filmmaking course.
Tuition and Fees are the least expensive for comprehensive filmmaking training in Kenya and represent one third of the actual cost of the training of the five months intensive full-time training.
Registration (upon acceptance): Kshs 6,000/-. Monthly:Kshs 11,000/- Fees can be paid in installments.
Deadline: Next Application: April 2014. Full time for four months.
Applications available at email@example.com
Foundation in Filmmaking: TOPICS
• Introduction and Orientation
• Introduction to Visual Storytelling
• Social Networking: facebook, twitter, blogs, vimeo, youtube, other tools
• Photoshop: manipulate photos, basic design elements
• Storytelling: Story development, Research, Script writing
• Pre-Production: Planning and preparation
• Directing: Treatment and storyboard, how to direct actors
• Production: Production management, planning resources necessary to make film
• Cinematography: Stills, Flip cameras, DV camera & semipro camera
• Post-production: Data capture and management, Offline editing on Final Cut Pro
• Sound: Recording sound on shoot, music and sound design in post production
• Weekly film screenings with discussion and critique
• Life Skills and Entrepreneurship: film festivals, audience, marketing, distribution
Hot Sun Film School Trainees in a production class with Tedd Josiah
Foundation in Filmmaking PROJECTS The video projects for the twenty weeks Foundation in Filmmaking course are:
• Project One: 2 minute, individual. Genre: personal experience, drama (My World), drama
• Project Two: 2 minute team Genre: Documentary. Story on art, sports, young entrepreneurs.
Trainees in practical class
Former graduate of Hot Sun Film School sets up RED CAMERA for time lapse shoot
www.hotsunfoundation.org firstname.lastname@example.org ©Hot Sun Foundation 2014
Hot Sun Foundation's Vision is social transformation through media and art.
Our Mission is to identify and develop youth talent to tell their stories on film.
Community participation is fundamental to our programmes and training.
To support the great youth of the Hot Sun Film School, please visit our Global Giving Page