January 20, 2012

Dorcas Saisi: Feel Good about Yourself


My name is Dorcas Saisi. I am 23. I moved to Kibera, a slum in Nairobi, Kenya two years ago.  There was nothing for me in my village. Like so many farmers, I came to Nairobi to look for a job.
My first job was as a house help.  I was paid only Kes 2,000 per month (about US$25) although the official minimum wage in Kenya is Kes 6,000.  Sometimes the family would wake me at 3 am telling me to get busy and clean the house.  I just couldn't do it. I worked so hard but they were never satisfied. 
I decided to become a security guard. But I was fired when I was unjustly accused of taking something from someone's house. 
A friend told me about Hot Sun Foundation.  I want to be a filmmaker so I can show the world how servants and other poor people are mistreated.  







My parents are praying for the success of Hot Sun Foundation.  They hope that more and more poor people can have the opportunity to become filmmakers.
What is my message for our friends and supporters?
When people are helping Hot Sun Foundation, they can see for themselves from our films that they are promoting our talents. 
When you help someone else, it makes you feel great about yourself.
Make sure more youth have the opportunity to learn filmmaking.
Support us at http://www.globalgiving.org/3632. 
A monthly recurring donation would be especially helpful.
Thanks for support our talent.




To support the great youth of the Kibera Film School, please visit our Global Giving Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not just a name welcome and learn the art of filmmaking. Our training is hands-on.