April 16, 2013

Learning How To Tell A Story.


There is no reason why challenging themes and engaging stories have to be mutually exclusive, for sure as I learnt from my scriptwriting instructor each can fuel the other. As an aspiring filmmaker, I want to entertain people as much as I can. I learnt about the transformational ARC structure in screenplay writing. If from my films I create awareness and understanding of a time and circumstance, then the hope is that change can happen. This is what I learnt at Kibera film school.

At Kibera Film School, I learnt the rules in filmmaking and now daily I break them to suit my creativity. 

The unique hands-on training at Kibera Film School you get to interact with industry filmmakers and get a chance to work on professional film sets.

Trainees watching a film 'Flat tire' by Machua Koinange.

Filmmaker Machua Koinange at Kibera Film School during the weekly motivational sessions.


Trainees and staff with motivational speaker (filmmaker) Machua Koinange 
www.imdb.com/name/nm4431580/



To support the great youth of the Kibera Film School, please visit our Global Giving Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not just a name welcome and learn the art of filmmaking. Our training is hands-on.